Saturday 1 April 2017

Ramblings

I was in that magical place in the depths of slumberland yesterday when you, Bleached,  most beloved of all my cats and whom I would gladly have died for, appeared out of nowhere with a kitten in tow, a kitten whose markings were just like yours, and I wondered if it was in response to having heard my voice perhaps that you appeared.
I stroked you, picked your baby up to hold it in my arms, stroked you again and called your name, Bleached, most beloved of all my cats and whom I would gladly have died for.
Alas, it was only for a few moments that we were reunited once more after all these years, in that magical place in the depths of slumberland, when I began losing sight of you.
However hard or desperately I tried, I failed to find you again thenceforth.
I slept the whole day yesterday, from morning until evening, and finally dragged myself out of bed only after accepting the fact that it was futile trying to find you again in that magical place in the depths of slumberland, where the laws of gravity, or even those governing death for that matter, do not apply, when you close your eyes and fall into a deep sleep and wake up in that magical place in the depths of slumberland where it's just like yesterday and everyone you once loved but  died was still alive, just like it was yesterday, when life was good and the fates were kind, as it was with you yesterday, Bleached, most beloved of all my cats and whom I would gladly have died for.